Debit Order Engine – Pricing
The Star120 debit system’s pricing model is highly competitive and very simple. Pricing is based on the following:
- All of your costs are calculated per debit transaction.
- You’re only ever billed for what you use.
- The size of each debit run is totally flexible. You can debit one client or millions of clients at a time.
Please contact us to discuss pricing.
This is how simple it is:
We charge for every debit we process plus a small Batch Fee. There is a small penalty fee attached to RDs (debits that the banks return).
The Batch Fee.
Basically, for every debit run that you do through Star120, we charge a nominal Batch Fee.
Here’s how it works:
- If you are debiting your customers on the 1st, 7th and 15th of the month, we will send a file, called a “debit batch”, to Example Bank for each of those dates.
- You would be charged the batch fee on the 1st, 7th and 15th, for each debit batch that we send to Example Bank.
- This also means that if you debit your customers every day, we would charge a Batch Fee every day.
The RD rate.
The RD rate (Returned Debit rate) is charged when a debit is declined by the bank. If a debit fails because a customer has insufficient funds or bank details are incorrect, it is called a return.
Here is an example:
- You send us a list of 1000 debits to go off your clients’ accounts at Example Bank.
- We charge R3.99(example only) per transaction, resulting in a total of R3990.
- Unfortunately, the bank sends back 50 RD (50 Returned Debits).
- We would then charge you an additional R2.99 for each of those returns.
This means that your total cost for this example debit run would be:
- R3.99 x 1000 = R3990.00
- (RD RATE) R2.99 x 50 returns = R149.50
- Batch Fee R45.00
- TOTAL = R4184.50